Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Irish law on bloggers is changing in March

I've posted on this subject before.

Endorsements and paid advertising on blogs.

It seems I'm not alone in thinking the industry must be regulated.

Irish bloggers will now (in March) by law be required to reveal if they receive payment for a post or a product.

This has gone on unchecked for far too long.

The practise of product placement on blogs has been going on for ages. I've always marked my blogs within the wording to reveal that I have received a product or an email about things. So for example: 'I was sent' or 'I received an email this week'. I also don't feature something I don't feel comfortable 100% with promoting.

I have been sent things in the past which don't fit the image or that my readers would not be interested in. So I don't feature them unless I like them. I am genuinely happy to promote products but only if I can vouch for them.  This means that I don't sell out selling something I feel will mislead customers or not work.

The income I make from my blog is infrequent and not much. I do it because I love it. I have had opportunities in the past to visit places, see things and review stuff which is awesome because I feel really passionate about it. I love what I do and I prefer being honest.

Which is why this law change won't affect me much because I've already taken the steps years ago to be honest with my readers.

Lets see how many others suddenly start being 'honest' with you.....

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar