Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Gradient mesh nail art in blue, green and purple

Today I'll show a nail art I did for a nail art competition by Isadora, it's no longer possible to send contributions but the vote's are up. Here's a link to Isadora's website where the contest is (and it's also possible to see all entries there) and I'll also give you a link to my entry, even though I think you should vote at the one you like the best.

However, like Zara from Traces of polish and also a few other bloggers/competitors have said, I probably never would have participated if I knew that the votes where based on facebook-likes. I read through all the rules before participating but that was apparently a secret until after the voting started. Now it has become to be a popularity contest with reminiscent from middle school at the gym and being picked last (as Zara pointed out). There's a lot of really good entries that almost haven't got any votes, especially the earlier ones. And another thing I dislike is that the ones who noticed this competition early (not me) and sent their entry's early gets punished for it because the first page only show the last entries and to be able to see the other ones you have to click "older" and there's about 5 slow loading pages to go through. Now maybe some of you will find me silly but I guess I'm old fashion in that way. I'd rather would have seen it to be a lottery where everybody has an equal chance or at least that all entry's was shown at the same page and the voting was anonymous.

BUT, let's move on to the actual nail art. I've grown attached to striping tape and this time I decided to remake this mesh nail art but with only three colors and I decided for no underlying gradient. Here or in the pages above you can find a tutorial which works for this one too. I picked an aubergine colored purple, a cobalt blue and mint green shade and I think that the colors looks unusual and cool together. I tried alternating each nail to get different looks and I liked the result. I also painted pearl rhinestones with the polishes and attached them on to accent nails but I think they got too big, I should have choose a smaller rhinestone. The pictures with the best color accuracy are the ones without flash but I wanted to include the two-hand-poses too. And as usual I hope you like it. :)






With flash.
With flash.

Polishes used:
Isadora - 739 Surfers Paradise
Isadora - 176 Creamy Aubergine
Isadora - 755 Pistacchio
4 MM painted pearl rhinestones



And speaking about competitions I actually won some polishes (by lottery haha..) that I haven't tested yet but I'll show you the bottles later today I hope. Take care!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar