
Spring finally seems to have poked her head out of the clouds, and I thought I would do the same with a bit of spring cleaning around 24C, as the sun is always such a wonderful companion for such endeavors, and somehow makes tidying up so much more pleasant .
The first task I had the notion to tackle was the fluffing up of my dried hydrangeas, along with a vigorously cleaning of their 'vases' and what they sat on. The thought of replacing them back into their shiny new nooks, unharmed, dust free, and happy...spurred me on.

I'm sure that many of you, my kindred spirits, can attest to the fact of what joy can come from the sprucing up of something in your home. It can be a lovely form of therapy that provides a lift of countenance, erases troubles and cares (at least momentarily), and puts a sweet touch of order where there is disorder, calm where there is chaos, and pretty where more pretty is needed.
Also, it lasts a while...as a wonderful reminder of something positively accomplished.
Also, it lasts a while...as a wonderful reminder of something positively accomplished.

I was somewhat surprised by just how much I loved the combination of toaster and hydrangea...one just never knows what the creative spirit is going to take a fancy to.


After hand washing the containers, an old ironstone vase and one of my 'mystery vases', I left them to dry all day on the counter while I tidied up other parts of the house.

And honestly, I thought the hydrangeas were so pretty laying on the marble, that I actually just left them there until evening started setting in...I didn't want to pick them up. Thank heavens Mr. 24 wasn't around so I could freely leave my 'pretty mess' to my hearts content.



When I couldn't justify leaving them one minute longer, they were finally placed very carefully into their clean and shiny homes, then brought back to their special spots, which were now sparkling as well.


Both of these 'bouquets' have special meaning and they've become part of the household. The one above, was given to me by a very dear neighbor who lived in the same little cottage community we called home while building 24C. That was a very special two years and the hydrangeas remind me of that treasured time.

You can see them above (if you squint)...sitting atop of the little armoire in our little cottage living room, our home away from home. The gift of the hydrangea's at the time meant the world to me, that was about three years ago now.
The second bouquet came from this wonderful white hydrangea bush which we've had for a very long time, but sadly this past fall, it might have gotten pruned just a tad too much, and we're not quite sure it's going to come back. We've had it from a baby and I'm desperately sorry we might lose it...anyhoo, that's why this second bouquet is so special.
Please try not to get a cavity while looking at this next image...

It's extra sweet!
Those are the same white hydrangeas. Initially as they began to dry, they turned a bright neon pink and green (see the glowing photo below)...then they faded to a lovely pastel version of those colors, which I love. The variance in color this flower can produce always amazes me.
The little shell doll is one of my most treasured possessions. My daddy brought her back for me from San Fransisco when I was about four or five, it's amazing she's survived this long. Her backside has a missing piece but from the front she's still perfect, and for now, she's hanging out with the hydrangeas, it's all a bit weddingy isn't it?!
In the photo above, she's looking down and has a little frown on her face...like Jane Eyre left at the alter.

(Glowing-neon hydrangeas)

Above, Jane is looking up in shock...she can't believe Rochester had a crazy wife locked up in the tower all this time...what's to become of them?!!
See! Spring cleaning allows for the imagination to once again freely roam...unhinged and unencumbered by the dull grime that life sends our way every now and then.
If you've had any wonderful spring cleaning notions recently that grabbed ahold and blessed you more than you possibly thought it could...please do share, it would be fun to know what tidying up task brought a bit of pleasure to your particular world.
Happy Spring Fluffing Everyone!

0 Yorumlar