So, here's what you need to know about me. I'm not a good gift buyer. Nor am I a good gift suggester. At this point in our twenty-seven year marriage, neither one of us "needs" anything, my husband is ridiculous to buy for, and the things I really love, he's either already done for me (fixing up my chicken coop for example), or I like to pick them out myself (plants, books, boots...). So, in desperation, I said, "I might like an Instantpot." I would love to quote what my husband suggested that I get for him, but HE HASN'T SUGGESTED ANYTHING YET! (December 9th, 16 days left until Christmas).
I thought I had better look up what size Instantpot is the best and after a little researching on the interwebs, I figured six quart would be correct.
Today, after we discovered that two of the recently, time-consumingly-put-up-wired-into-place strings of outdoor "warm white" lights decided to stop working and I almost cried because the little decorative tree that sits outside the door also stopped lighting up even though it was also working just fine literally hours ago and then I stomped off outside with a declaration along the lines of, "I'm going out to the chicken coop to see if all the chickens died...", husband gathered up the lights, stuffed them into the remaining two boxes which had already been flattened and put into the recycling container and the receipt long since thrown away, drove into town to the Canadian Tire store where I originally purchased the lights just two weeks ago to try to get our money back. (How's THAT for a run-on sentence??) Whilst there, he checked out the Instantpots and came home later asking for a bit more specificity. Apparently there are a few versions of 6 quart ones.
I have NO idea what to get in terms of an Instantpot, but you, my bloggy friends, probably have the experience. Please let me know if you would recommend it, what model you would recommend, what you like best about it... just please don't tell me it's an awful gift idea because I'm o.k. with it. I am not offended by kitchen items. I am nothing, if not a practical kind of gal, and confident enough in my own world to not feel that a kitchen item is sexist in our world of over sensitivity. I do the cooking because, quite frankly, I'm better at it, and I like my own food better than what husband can make. I'm pretty sure he's o.k. with that, too.
Oh, and for interest sake, Canadian Tire told husband that he could just get two more boxes, which he did. Let's hope these last longer than two weeks.
Now then, let the Instantpot comments begin:

0 Yorumlar