Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Sorry Saturday

I am having a sorry Saturday, and it isn't even 8:00 in the morning.  I think most of my week has been just like this.  I think the last few weeks have done me in, I am tired and feel wiped out emotionally and physically.  And to make matters worse I have a stinking cold that has made my lungs not very happy.  Not a horrible cold and flu that so many of you have had, just an annoying one that drains your energy and makes life a bit miserable.  This is what happens to me when I run around too much taking care of others, I should know better but it happens every time.  So my mojo is gone, finished, ca-put, and said farewell a few days ago.  I think I used what little energy I had on my new space, it has been downhill since then.

I don't have anything new to show you.  But I do have a few things from a week or two ago. 


This is the Lighter Than Air Peasant Top found at My Gramma Said.  This is a great blog I found through Pinterest.  The designer made this shirt from up-cycled t-shirts.  I didn't have a men's t-shirt available, so I hiked off to Target, found the gray one on clearance and there you go.  The white one was from Joann's and cost a whopping $3.25.  You would think with all the men I have surrounding me an extra shirt would be easy to find.


It was a fun little project and the designer is right, these shirts are lighter than air, I'll wear them a lot this spring and summer.


White is hard to see on a white door I know, but I didn't have the energy to take it outside for a photo shoot.


I also found these little felted bags at Joann's when I was there the other day.  I wondered how needle felting would work on a felted item.  I learned a lot making this little bag for my friend Cathy.  You just need a tiny bit of felt to create the colors, much less that when making a three dimensional object.


Elementary I know, but I have to remind myself I am just learning and exploring.  When I look on Pinterest I am in awe of the creations people make out of fiber, such intricate sculptures, oh my!

I made a little bag (not pictured) for my sister Claudia, just for fun.  She can use it to put her knitting needles or crochet hooks in, or not use it at all.  I always send her stuff I make, sort of like when I was in elementary school and I would bring home a project for her, maybe you never lose that quality even at the age of 48.

I have 5 more rows of my ripple blanket to make it to the finish line.  I have to force myself to do it.  What was I thinking choosing colors to match my room rather than colors I like to work with?  This blanket has been torture from the first stitch.  I will post a finished picture soon, as soon as I make myself sit down and finish it. 

Hope your Saturday is great.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar