Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

1994 Classic Best Gold Acetates - Where are you?

WHERE ARE THESE?

Is someone in middle American hoarding these cards, waiting to corner the market?  Even the best player from the set, Derek Jeter, is seldom seen.  You'd think the commons would be everywhere, but I have been trying to complete this and other 90s insert sets for years.  I figured with online trading and sites like COMC and Ebay, that I'd be done by now.  Nope, not the case.

This is a simple 5 card set:

SH1 - Brien Taylor
SH2 - Dmitri Young
SH3 - Derek Jeter
SH4 - Phil Nevin
SH5 - Frank Rodriguez

I actually have Jeter and Nevin, the two who actually has decent MLB careers.  Well, I suppose Young had a decent enough career as well to possibly justify him being other than a common.  I figured the other 2 at least were quarter (or dollar perhaps) cards, would be easy to find and I'd complete this really cool looking set.

They are acetate cards with cartoon images.  The five cards actually form a single image when placed side by side, like some of the other Classic sets of that era.  Unfortunately, I can't even find what the other three even look like, but having Jeter and Nevin, I discovered by accident that they did join together.  Supposedly they also glow in the dark.  I don't believe I ever tried to check to see if that was true though.

Were these just impossible to get back in the day or are they worth that little that nobody is even willing to list them for sale online.  Anyone know?


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar