Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A Rare Day In The Garden

Red sky at night, Shepherd delight or so the old saying goes so when I snapped this red sky Tuesday evening I was hopeful for a good day Wednesday.


 
I was not disappointed , and rose to a beautiful morning perfect for making a start in the garden.  The lawns have now been cut, they were a bit of a struggle as they were still a little wet.  All the pots have been weeded and a good start has been made on the vegetable plot.  There is an area of gravel by the drive that seems to have more weeds than anything else but that will have to wait for another day.  Let me take you on a little stroll around the pots, they are a delight at this time of year.
 





 
It is such a delight to sit and take tea surrounded by so much beauty.  The table and chairs are in need of a little work but I am saving that for another day.  These old bones have had enough for one day.









 
The herbs are doing well and are starting their process of regrowth.  I have lots of packets of seeds which I will start off once I can get some of the seedlings out of the house.  Thus adding to the wide variety that I now have.
 






 
The rhubarb is growing at a great pace and I will be able to harvest some shortly.  Rhubarb and ginger jam is high on the agenda along with rhubarb crumble.
 

 
I have taken a chance and planted out some lettuce, lollo rossa but the forecast is predicting more frost over the weekend.  All I can do is sit back and wait.
 
 
Still a long way to go, but a start has been made.  The peas have now been sown and tomorrow is another day.  I need to sit down and warm up, although it appears sunny it is still cool.
 
See you soon.
 
 
 
 
 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar