When I saw Zoe at Bake for Happy Kids's Tomato Bread, I was attracted by the colour and I knew it was going to a hit with my family of bread lovers.
The bread turned out to be a beautiful orangey-red which makes it so gorgeous and appetising. It is soft, fluffy and extremely aromatic from the tomatoes as well as the various types of herbs in the dough. I added some sun-dried tomatoes to the dough and I could taste bits of that in the bread which added a lovely touch. The cheese and additional parsley for toppings made this bread extra delicious.
This bread is a perfect sandwich loaf - I served my very own gourmet sandwiches with roasted vegetables and home-made hummus for my family's lunch over the weekend. Do you think my sandwich looks like that from the deli? :) A big thumbs up from my family for this recipe!
Tomato Bread with Rosemary
Adapted from Bake for Happy Kids; original recipe from Magic Bread by Alex Goh
Note: This recipe requires an overnight wait for the dough and a further 3 hours to complete
Ingredients:
A
- 100 g bread flour
- 70 g boiling water
- 400 g bread flour
- 45 g sugar
- 8 g salt
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley (I replaced with fresh rosemary)
- 1 tbsp Italian mixed herbs
- 8 g instant yeast
- 125 g tomato (blend until fine) (Replace with 80g tomatoes paste and 40g water)
- 20 g tomato paste
- 120 g cold water
- 35 g olive oil
- 50 g of sun-dried tomatoes, diced finely (my own addition)
- Mayonnaise (I did not use)
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Add the boiling water from A into flour, mix until well-blended to form dough. Cover and set aside to cool. Keep it into refrigerator for at least 12 hrs.
- Mix B until well-blended. Add in A and C, knead until smooth and elastic. Let it proof for 40 min. (I proof mine for 1 hr)
- Divide the dough into 80 g each and mould it round. Let it rest for 10 min.
- Flatten the dough and roll it into oblong shape. Place the individual oblong shapes besides each other in the bread pan. Let it proof for 50 min. (I proof mine for another 1 hr)
- Egg wash the surface and sprinkle some grated cheddar cheese on top. Pipe some mayonnaise over it and sprinkle some chopped fresh parsley.
- Bake at 190°C for 15 min.
I made one loaf (9x3x3 inches) and 4 small buns. For the large loaf, I put two rounds of dough that was enough to fill the tin. Any left over was turned into small buns.
This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs up organised by Doreen from my little favourite DIY and Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids, hosted by Doreen from my little favourite DIY, at this post.
This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs up organised by Doreen from my little favourite DIY and Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids, hosted by Doreen from my little favourite DIY, at this post.
This is for Herbs on Saturday hosted by London Busy Body.
This is for Bake Your Own Bread by Roxana's Home Baking.
This is for Yeast Spotting at the Wild Yeast Blog.




0 Yorumlar