Last week, While I was taking a walk around the park, I noticed a book on the ground and realized it was “Alice in Wonderland”. As I picked it up, a smartly-dressed rabbit flashed past me... I thought it was more like a remote controlled soft toy, but it darted into a rabbit hole. Out of curiosity, I approached the rabbit hole. As I leaned forward, a mysterious force pulled me in and I lost consciousness. When I woke up, I found myself in an unknown place.
What has happened?! I wondered aloud. And three of my friends exclaimed Get up! Sarvesh, Dheepan and Simi were already there and they explained me that Alice was in trouble and we are trapped here. I was like, What! Who Alice? Have you gone nuts.
But when I looked around, I was like, OMG! have we really landed up at wonderland?! And got that look from all of them. There was no time to waste. In order to escape the place we needed to survive and solve a lot of puzzles. Well, we had to swear that we do not reveal anything to anything, hence I can't get into the details. But gradually it became super fun, using our brains, working in a team and although we felt like hitting the help button, we avoided that. Finally successfully managed to escape the room after an hour of thrill, adventure and super fun.
Dinesh explained us about the place. It's is called 'Freeing India' an Indian franchisee of an internationally famous Escape Rooms Brand. Yes, we were in an Escape Room and no words can explain the experience. You have to experience it yourself to know what it is. This is a place filled with fun, lots of adventure, and actually to a certain extent even an edutainment space.
Freeing India was started in April 2014 by Mr Murali D Barathi, the MD of the first. He had launched the first center at Ispahani Center, Nungambakkam in April 2014. More than about 1 lakh customers have experienced their games.
They offer Themed rooms wherein a team of about 6-10 members spends about an hour to find the hidden clues, hints to solve a series of puzzles and escape out of the room.
Ispahani Center, Nungambakkam has 4 themes, Besant Nagar Center - 4 themes and OMR center - 3 themes. Each of these are unique making teams experience a world of fantasy, mystery, thrill and adventure. You can find more details on the themes on their website of Freeing India.
There's in fact a fan base of these escape rooms, ranging various age groups. It is a nice place to celebrate Birthday Party, Get - together, farewell parties, kitty parties, Corporate Team Outing etc. In fact a lot of corporate brands used in Chennai have taken a membership of the place and regularly send their employees for recreation and team building.
Pratibha M, Manager, sales, marketing and operations, shared that Corporate Companies like HCL, Infosys, Shell, Dow Chemicals, TCS, Mckinsey, Amazon, Barclays have preferred them for their Team Outing.
This is a wonderful opportunity for the team to work together to achieve a common goal. Certain puzzles can be solved only if all members are involved.
The price is Rs.400 per game per person at Besant Nagar. However, Birthday packages, Corporate packages are depending on the team size and the number of game the teams choose to play.
What has happened?! I wondered aloud. And three of my friends exclaimed Get up! Sarvesh, Dheepan and Simi were already there and they explained me that Alice was in trouble and we are trapped here. I was like, What! Who Alice? Have you gone nuts.
But when I looked around, I was like, OMG! have we really landed up at wonderland?! And got that look from all of them. There was no time to waste. In order to escape the place we needed to survive and solve a lot of puzzles. Well, we had to swear that we do not reveal anything to anything, hence I can't get into the details. But gradually it became super fun, using our brains, working in a team and although we felt like hitting the help button, we avoided that. Finally successfully managed to escape the room after an hour of thrill, adventure and super fun.
![]() |
| Pratibha, Libni John Paul, Dinesh M and moi |
As the door opened, we were welcomed by Mr Dinesh M, Architect of the Besant Nagar centre and now as an associate with the firm. So he was the Mastermind behind me getting into the wonderland. Well, and then I realised it was part of my wish to experience a fairy tale but making it our story where we are the heroes.
Dinesh explained us about the place. It's is called 'Freeing India' an Indian franchisee of an internationally famous Escape Rooms Brand. Yes, we were in an Escape Room and no words can explain the experience. You have to experience it yourself to know what it is. This is a place filled with fun, lots of adventure, and actually to a certain extent even an edutainment space.
Freeing India was started in April 2014 by Mr Murali D Barathi, the MD of the first. He had launched the first center at Ispahani Center, Nungambakkam in April 2014. More than about 1 lakh customers have experienced their games.
They offer Themed rooms wherein a team of about 6-10 members spends about an hour to find the hidden clues, hints to solve a series of puzzles and escape out of the room.
There's in fact a fan base of these escape rooms, ranging various age groups. It is a nice place to celebrate Birthday Party, Get - together, farewell parties, kitty parties, Corporate Team Outing etc. In fact a lot of corporate brands used in Chennai have taken a membership of the place and regularly send their employees for recreation and team building.
Pratibha M, Manager, sales, marketing and operations, shared that Corporate Companies like HCL, Infosys, Shell, Dow Chemicals, TCS, Mckinsey, Amazon, Barclays have preferred them for their Team Outing.
This is a wonderful opportunity for the team to work together to achieve a common goal. Certain puzzles can be solved only if all members are involved.
The price is Rs.400 per game per person at Besant Nagar. However, Birthday packages, Corporate packages are depending on the team size and the number of game the teams choose to play.
We happened to meet groups of young people there,s one from corporate, some college and some senior school students. All of them happy with the experience and highly recommend trying out the games.
We noticed a wall of fame where the best and fasted team is featured. This is serious business and lot of people come back to achieve a space on this wall!
Phew, it was quite an experience, being a friend of Alice with a 007 hidden within us. Thanks to Mr Dinesh for planning the entire visit, Pratibha for the unique invitation and Libni for superbly managing that rabbit and bringing me safe to the zone and back home.
You can call any of the following numbers to get more details or book a slot:
Nungambakkam - 8939839999 / 044-42300344
Besant Nagar - 8939839998 / 044-48500 344
Semmancheri - 98406 63733
You can call any of the following numbers to get more details or book a slot:
Nungambakkam - 8939839999 / 044-42300344
Besant Nagar - 8939839998 / 044-48500 344
Semmancheri - 98406 63733
Photography by : Sarvesh Devanandan
Twitter : AsmitaMadhu




0 Yorumlar