Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Busy Saturday

 Saturday we went to Cullman since I needed to get my mail and it should rain most days next week. There were bills and the requisite junk mail. I could not go in, so Tommy got it for me. He has a PO Box key on his keychain in case I lose mine or so he can use his key. 

Friday night, I read and could not go to sleep until an hour before he woke me. So, I am exhausted. 

We went to my yard and sat in the car in the driveway for about one minute. Usually, I want and need to sit there for at least five minutes. 

We went to the grocery store where I find carts with great markdowns. I found boxed Hershey's Chocolate Mousse mix for $0.49, so I bought 3.  the expiration date is August 24, 2021, but I am positive they are not bad or stale. The whole thing has 34 carbs, so each of the 8 helpings will be low-carb. 

Also, in the cart were tiny 6-packs of SUN-MAID chocolate yogurt covered raisins. I have never had these, but each 6-pack of snack size was $0.49. Cheap snack. I had never had these and only bought one package. They were delicious!

Those two items were in the cart. The next two items were in the ad.

Vlasic Dill Relish and Vlasic sweet relish were $0.99 for 10 ounce jars. I bought 2 of each for a total of four jars. I usually buy Mount Olive relish, but these were cheap, so I will try them. Best by date is October 22. But, I would not hesitate to eat these beyond that date. This relish is $0.98 at Walmart, but sometimes it is hard to find.

Dasani water was $3.99 for a 24 pack, so I bought 3. This is on sale this week and cheaper than I have seen it in a long time. 

I was happy with this shopping trip! 

Friday night I scrambled 5 eggs and ate half of the eggs for dinner. Saturday morning, I ate the rest with a sausage patty and a glass of milk in the car when we left. Tommy had two sausages in two slices of bread and a cup of tea before I awoke. It appears buying sausage and cooking it for him has easily broken his Hardee's habit. Those biscuits at Hardee's are too salty. It cost $4 for two sausage biscuit and a cup of coffee. 

At Publix last week or the week before, I found Jimmy Dean fully cooked sausages for $3.99. There are only 8 patties, but they are only $0.50 for each patty. I can stand long enough to cook/heat these in a skillet. So, they work. I may never get them unless they are on sale. I had one with my eggs. 

We arrived home before 2 pm.  I now need a nap at 2:30. 

Piggly Wiggly has Bell peppers for $0.50 each, so I plan to get some of those to make stuffed bell peppers. Tommy loves those. I have the ground beef thawing. 

After the nap.

Tommy called me at 6 pm and I have no memory of that event. He called me at 6:45 and I did get up in a few minutes. He said I replied at 6 pm. Obviously, I talk to him without a memory of talking. Rarely am I ever that exhausted.

Dinner was a bag of broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, microwaved. Tommy had a chicken Italian sausage. I took one bite of the sausage and it made me ill, so I just had vegetables with nothing on them. Both items were given to me. 

Maybe I will make a chocolate mousse tonight. Maybe I will cook three packages of sausage patties that need to be cooked and freeze most of them. Maybe I will do nothing else. Maybe I will finish A Painted House. I only have 100 pages to go. 

What is going on in your world this weekend? Bargains? Healthy eating? Something interesting?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar